Deb Coman is a content conversion strategist who empowers service-based business owners to create trust-building content that generates sales, referrals, and collaborations. Deb hosts a weekly Twitter Chat called #SocialTrust Mondays at 3pm Eastern time on Twitter and was featured by BuzzSumo in its Top 100 Content Marketers to Follow Right Now. Deb’s Content Conversion Lab and private services help clients simplify their marketing with actionable steps that build trust and create alignment, consistency, and connection. Visit her website at http://www.DebComan.com, at www.LinkedIn.com/DebComan, and on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram @DebComanWriting.
QUESTION: You begin your Twitter profile as follows, “Meaningful connection thru trust-building content strategy." Can you please explain?
DEB COMAN: Content is an outstanding way to connect with people. When we understand how it builds trust, we create content that brings value and meaning that establishes and nurtures relationships. It’s only through these relationships that we create opportunities for sales, referrals, and collaborations. Engaging with and creating meaningful conversations is step one in the process.
QUESTION: You talk about the “4C Method” for creating email content. Can you please elaborate?
DEB COMAN: My 4C Method for creating content has four trust-building steps:
(1) Clarity: Start with CLARITY about your message: who it’s for, what they need, and how you provide the solution.
(2) Connection: Create content with an intention of CONNECTION, not a sale. Be of service. Add value. Build trust.
(3) Consistency: CONSISTENCY builds trust and relationships. Be consistent with your content in frequency as to how often you post, blog, and send emails. Be consistent and aligned in your message.
(4) Conversion: Move conversations from social media feeds, blog comments, and email campaigns to a one-on-one conversation to explore what’s possible for CONVERSION in the way of collaborations, referrals, and sales.
QUESTION: What is your favorite social media platform for your personal branding, and why?
DEB COMAN: I love Twitter where you can find me at @DebComanWriting because it’s the easiest platform to create connection and build trust with content. I’ve been hired, referred, featured as an expert, and made long-term meaningful (and profitable!) business connections that started with a single tweet or reply. (Connect with me there to see how it’s done).
I host a weekly Twitter Chat called #SocialTrust Mondays at 3pm Eastern time featuring guest experts and topics to help service-based small business owners and brands stand out and build trust online. This Twitter Chat is designed to be an easy way (even for Twitter newbies) to participate and gain visibility and connections. It’s followed by an audio conversation on Twitter Spaces.
QUESTION: If a business brand were going to dedicate all of its attention and resources toward ONLY one social media platform, which would you recommend, and why?
DEB COMAN: With over 211 million active daily users, your ideal audience is likely on Twitter. If you have a presence there or are able to quickly get up to speed with the basics, you can create opportunities for your business on Twitter.
If you’re not comfortable learning how to use Twitter, it’s important to find the platform where your ideal audience not only hangs out but engages and where you are not only comfortable, but have a strategy.
Success on social media requires these 3 things:
(1) Your ideal audience is present and active.
(2) You’re comfortable creating high value content that suits the platform.
(3) You have a content strategy like the 4C Method that leads to conversion.
TWEET THIS: Find the platform where your ideal audience not only hangs out but engages. ~@DebComanWriting #SMTip #DebbieLaskeysBlog
QUESTION: What three tips would you give to a business brand to conduct an effective and successful email marketing campaign?
DEB COMAN: For an email marketing campaign (and any other content) to be profitable, you need to:
(1) Define a specific intention or outcome for the content.
(2) Choose a topic that demonstrates you have the solution to a problem they’re ready to solve.
(3) Establish your credibility and trust by sharing stories, results, and client outcomes.
With all your content, strive to be yourself, share as much of your personal story as you’re comfortable with, and seek to connect and engage with your audience as you build trust and deepen relationships.
TWEET THIS: With all your content, strive to be yourself. ~@DebComanWriting #SMTip #DebbieLaskeysBlog
My thanks to Deb for sharing her social media insights and for appearing here on my Blog.
Image Credit: Daniel Olah via Unsplash.